VAC attack! This year’s VAC members pictured here throwin’ down our VAC lobster claws(?) ha I don’t even know… long day of meetings.
To explain yet another Peace Corps acronym: Volunteer Advisory Committee is a committee consisting of 3 volunteers from each “class” as well as Peace Corps Volunteer Leaders. We’re basically like the Peace Corps version of student council. If only I had passed out suckers with “Vote for Kovanda” when we voting on VAC members during our Mid-Service Training.
AH so much to blog about and so little time.
Hold me accountable. My Backlog “To-Blog” List for you:
- Erdenet trip with my school teachers
- Baganuur World Map Project and Thanksgiving
- Peace Corps UB Thanksgiving
But for the next two weeks, I’ll around the capital city, probably internet-less, running around like a madwoman and hopefully accomplishing the following:
- preparing with other Peace Corps trainers for the M23 In-Service Training.
- taking the GMAT exam… fingers crossed! (last time I tried to take the GMAT, which was 2 weeks ago, I sat at the testing center for 3 hours until they told me I’d have to reschedule due to technical difficulties(?)
- working with 4 other trainers and Peace Corps staff to train the M23 PCV kids and their counterparts for a week out in Terelj national park. REAL SHOWERS AND NO FIRE MAKING. I’m sure you know how this girl feels about that.
- applying to grad schools and all that it entails during my “down time”
So until December 16-ish, apologies for any radio blog silence. Hope y’all stay warm (and sane) in these few weeks leading up to Christmas!
P.S. A little Happy birthday shout out to my cousin Sarah who’s hopefully having a good old time celebrating QCA!